Admission and new ways
Admission to the stages will not be via the café as in the past, but at the side of the building via the doors of the foyer. This may result in waiting times outside. We ask for your understanding. Umbrellas will be provided on loan if needed. Please plan to be at the theatre well in advance of the performance; admission to the auditoriums begins 40 minutes before the performance starts.
The exit after the performance is via the back of the building onto Cicerostraße for parts of the audience. Our staff will be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
You can still reach the box office via the entrance on Kurfürstendamm. A maximum of three people can be inside here at the same time.
Access to the café is via the former main entrance, also on Kurfürstendamm. All other doors of the café are exits only. What is new is that you do not enter the foyer directly from the café, but leave the building again after your visit to the café and use the side entrances to enter the foyer. This also applies to a visit after the performance; the direct connecting door between the café and the foyer cannot currently be used.
Late admission: Please arrive early as late admission cannot always be guaranteed.
Feel safe with us!
In addition to the usual and well-known hygiene and distance rules, we have additionally developed concrete protective measures for our house to enable you to have a pleasant theatre visit and to keep the risk of infection low:
- Based on the decision of the Berlin Senate of March 29, the repeal of almost all corona protection measures took place on April 1, 2022, i.e. the previously existing 3G regulation for your visit to the theater will no longer apply.
- From 1 June, masks are no longer mandatory for the audience. However, for your own safety and the protection of others, we recommend that you wear a FFP2 mask or medical mask throughout your visit to the theatre, including during the performance.
- When gathering in front of the building as well as on the way to your seat, in the foyer and the sanitary facilities, please ensure that the minimum distance is observed. Our wayfinding system at the side of our building ensures enough space and distance when entering and leaving.
- Currently, the seating capacity at the Schaubühne is 100% of the available seats.
- Our air-conditioning and ventilation system was completely modernised in the summer 2020 and only feeds fresh outside air into the auditoriums. The air volume of the auditoria is exchanged in less than half an hour, and the currently recommended amount of fresh air (50 m³/h/person) can be guaranteed without any problems.
- Your health and our own are important to us. If you feel ill or have symptoms of a cold, please stay at home. We also have to ask people who have had contact with COVID-19 patients during the last 10 days before the performance to refrain from attending a performance. You are welcome to contact our box office to rebook your ticket in another person’s name if you wish to do so.
You can find all the information you need about purchasing tickets online, in writing, by telephone or at our ticket office
Do you have questions about ticket sales?
We have summarised the most important information for you in our FAQs.
With the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe
Bus: M19, M29 stop Lehniner Platz/Schaubühne or X10, 109, 110 Adenauerplatz
Underground: U7 station Adenauerplatz
S-Bahn: S3, S5, S7 and S9 Charlottenburg station
or S41, S42 and S46 Bahnhof Halensee (walking distance approx. 10 minutes)
>>> Timetable info
The Schaubühne does not have its own parking spaces. Parking is possible in the side streets Cicerostraße or Albrecht-Achilles-Strasse or directly opposite the Schaubühne on the central reservation of Kurfürstendamm.
Cloakroom and toilets
In the basement of the foyer you will find our toilets as well as cloakroom lockers, for which you will need a € 2.00 deposit. Please note that the downstairs and upstairs areas are organised according to the one-way principle, which leads to slightly longer distances. It is also possible to take smaller bags, backpacks and jackets into the auditorium and place them in the empty space next to you. Please leave larger items of luggage at home from the outset, as we have limited capacity to store these items.
Programme booklet and shop
You can purchase the programme booklet for the performance at our sales table in the foyer. Books, posters, bags, T-shirts and much more in the Schaubühnen design are also on sale there. You will find the shop at the end of the foyer. The required distances can and should be observed here as well.
The Schaubühne café offers drinks and small meals before and after the performance. From 1 June, masks are no longer mandatory for the audience. Here too, we recommend to wear a FFP2 mask or medical mask as soon as you leave your seat.