Admission and new ways
Admission to the stages will not be via the café as in the past, but at the side of the building via the doors of the foyer. This may result in waiting times outside, as the foyer cannot be used as a lounge. We ask for your understanding. Umbrellas will be provided on loan if needed. Please plan to be at the theatre well in advance of the performance; admission to the auditoriums begins 40 minutes before the performance starts.
A new wayfinding system, which follows the one-way principle, will guide you from the foyer to the auditorium. The exit after the performance is via the back of the building onto Cicerostraße for parts of the audience. Our staff will be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
You can still reach the box office via the entrance on Kurfürstendamm. A maximum of three people can be inside here at the same time.
Access to the café is via the former main entrance, also on Kurfürstendamm. All other doors of the café are exits only. What is new is that you do not enter the foyer directly from the café, but leave the building again after your visit to the café and use the side entrances to enter the foyer. This also applies to a visit after the performance; the direct connecting door between the café and the foyer cannot currently be used.
Late admission: Please arrive early as late admission cannot always be guaranteed.
Feel safe with us!
In addition to the usual and well-known hygiene and distance rules, we have additionally developed concrete protective measures for our house to enable you to have a pleasant theatre visit and to keep the risk of infection low:
The most important points:
- According to the current decision of the Berlin Senate of December 28, 2021, all shows currently take place under the 2G-Plus rule, i.e. you need proof that you are fully vaccinated or recovered as well as a daily negative antigen rapid test result (no self-test).
- With the January 11 update to the Infection Control Measures Regulation the extended 2G-Plus rule will apply on January 15: Triple-vaccinated persons (with so-called »boosters«) are exempt from the additional testing requirement (but not double-vaccinated persons with »Johnson & Johnson« or double-vaccinated & recovered).
- Double-vaccinated persons or recovered person will still need an additional proof that you are fully vaccinated or recovered with a daily negative test result (antigen test not older than 24 hours, PCR test not older than 48 hours at the start of screening).
- At the moment, all available seats in our auditoriums for the performances may go on sale. The basis for this is the amended Infection Protection Measures Ordinance of the Berlin Senate, which allows full seating in the auditorium while retaining the known conditions (including presentation of proof of vaccination or recovery and proof of testing)
- Please note that an FFP2 mask must be worn at all times while in the auditorium, including at your seat during the performance. A doctor's certificate does not release you from this obligation. If you have forgotten your mask, you get masks from the evening staff for a small fee. We kindly ask you to wear your mask already on the forecourt of the theatre or in queues.
- Our air-conditioning and ventilation system was completely modernised in the summer and only feeds fresh outside air into the auditoriums. The air volume of the auditoria is exchanged in less than half an hour, and the currently recommended amount of fresh air (50 m³/h/person) can be guaranteed without any problems.
You can find all the information you need about purchasing tickets online, in writing, by telephone or at our ticket office
Do you have questions about ticket sales?
We have summarised the most important information for you in our FAQs.
With the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe
Bus: M19, M29 stop Lehniner Platz/Schaubühne or X10, 109, 110 Adenauerplatz
Underground: U7 station Adenauerplatz
S-Bahn: S3, S5, S7 and S9 Charlottenburg station
or S41, S42 and S46 Bahnhof Halensee (walking distance approx. 10 minutes)
>>> Timetable info
The Schaubühne does not have its own parking spaces. Parking is possible in the side streets Cicerostraße or Albrecht-Achilles-Strasse or directly opposite the Schaubühne on the central reservation of Kurfürstendamm.
Cloakroom and toilets
In the basement of the foyer you will find our toilets as well as cloakroom lockers, for which you will need a € 2.00 deposit. Please note that the downstairs and upstairs areas are organised according to the one-way principle, which leads to slightly longer distances. It is also possible to take smaller bags, backpacks and jackets into the auditorium and place them in the empty space next to you. Please leave larger items of luggage at home from the outset, as we have limited capacity to store these items.
Programme booklet and shop
You can purchase the programme booklet for the performance at our sales table in the foyer. Books, posters, bags, T-shirts and much more in the Schaubühnen design are also on sale there. You will find the shop at the end of the foyer. The required distances can and should be observed here as well.
The Schaubühne café offers drinks and small meals and adheres to the current regulations for Berlin catering (currently the 2G regulations apply here). Please pay attention to the current signage and understand the reduced seating capacity. As soon as you are seated in the café, you can remove your medical mask to eat and drink. Please put it back on as soon as you leave your seat.